NYX Gaming Group is a consortium of enterprises with one common goal: to entertain.
It all began back in 1999, with the foundation of an Australian company called NextGen. Its founders knew online gambling was on its way to becoming a thing, probably never thinking that they would grow up so big and rapidly.
They devoted themselves to producing software and game solutions to online casinos. In time, their talent for developing colourful, fun, and engaging titles made a name for them, which led another company, NYX Interactive, to gain attention and eventually buy them. After NextGen and NYX merged, they became NYX Gaming Group.
NYX Interactive had developed a platform called OGS (Open Gaming System) that allowed online casinos to operate with titles from different providers. After the merge, NextGen handled all the gaming operation for the company, developing software which now adds up to more than 600 titles. NextGen Studios made all of their games.
Scientific Games Corporation, a company that provides gambling products worldwide and has made more than 3 billion USD in revenues, has finished the process of acquiring NYX in 2019. This is how they feel about the purchase:
"Today, SG moves forward as a leading digital provider of sports betting, iGaming and iLottery technologies, platforms, content, products and services."
Kevin Sheehan, SG's CEO
What Should We Be Expecting About This?
We can rest assured these are great news for both players and casinos. We're witnessing one of the biggest fusions in the gambling industry. Chances are we'll be enjoying NYX slots and online casino games on more websites, and have new and amazing features in our favourite titles for many years to come.
After this recent merge, these are the primary services provided by NYX and Scientific Games Limited:
- Social: they have a library of +1800 titles to play for free. They do not offer real money gambling, but they're sure fun to play and could serve as practice platforms to later engage on betting. These titles include top-performers, such as 88 Fortunes®, Jackpot Party®, Gold Fish® Casino Slots, Quick Hit® Slots, Hot Shot® Casino, Bingo Showdown™ and MONOPOLY® Slots.
- Lottery: They lead the industry by managing lottery services in more than 50 countries, and have registered more than 3,000 patents related to security, programming, management and communications in the field. Without knowing it, there's a great chance you've enjoyed their services!
- Digital: The Digital Division of Scientific Games, where NYX has a strong presence, has more than 1,500 employees worldwide just for customer support. They're in charge of programming the titles you enjoy so much, and also their sportsbook platform.
- Gaming: Here's where most of the fun takes part. They run nine studios to create the titles and have hundreds of partners internationally competing for your attention as a player. Their experience, creativity, and market knowledge meet here to develop most of the top games in the world.
The Future Is In Your Hands
Literally. Your mobile is going to be the centre of attention of most gambling software developers for years to come. Most of their games are already mobile slots that work on iOS and Android devices. They also work for brick-and-mortar casinos, and you might see some of their slots in there.
By the initiative called "MOVE," NYX casinos aims to develop simple games with great graphics and sound effects, ideal for playing from your mobile and when you're on the go. They're betting big on innovation for portable entertainment.
It's an exciting time to follow the activity of these companies. The merge is promising an elevated rate of game production, creativity is at the top of their priorities, and slot games are on the rise. Grab some popcorn and watch as this industry grows faster than ever.
Common Features Of NYX Slots
Most of their titles have in common:
- Their Return To Player (RTP) rate ranges in 93% to 98%, which is about the average for a betting software developer.
- Most of their games are of the High-volatility type. That means you'll win less often, but prizes amounts will tend to be higher.
- State-of-the-art technology. These guys are all about innovating. They're partially responsible for the increase of players due to their exceptional ability to connect with their emotions through images and sounds. True artists on their field.
- Most of their games are available in the free slots mode. That means you'll get to practice without betting real money. Professionals and amateurs very much appreciate this feature since they like understanding the game before using real money.
In general, seeing the NYX Group or SG Corporation logo on a machine is a synonym to exceptional quality, top customer service, security of information, and most likely to provide with an entertaining experience to the player. They're leading the industry.